Hello Class 13,
During the final three weeks of term our topic will be Tour de France! I will be continuing to provide PowerPoint lessons for your home learning, so look out for those being posted daily.
To commemorate the 75th year of VE Day, your weekly tasks will be dedicated towards organising a 1940s style party. Due to the current lockdown restrictions, hosting a street party would be very difficult. Therefore, your party could be within your house or you could host a digital party e.g. Zoom or HouseParty etc.
Please remember that you are under no obligation to actually hold a party (It is purely optional), but you can still complete the tasks throughout the week. If you do manage to organise a party, then it would be fantastic if you were able to upload your photos onto our school Twitter.
My top 12 sites for enhancing learning:
1. www.whiterosemaths.com …This website has a daily video lesson and work
2. www.themathsfactor.com …This is a maths site run by Carol Vorderman and is free at the moment. It has video lessons as well as games.
3. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button ...This game is great for learning number bonds and times tables. There is also a whole host of educational games on the Top Marks website.
4. https://nrich.maths.org/ …This is a great website for Maths challenges.
5. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize ...This site has loads of resources and information for home learning. It includes every subject including Welsh.
6. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ …This site has a wealth of information including a free e-book library which includes Biff and Kipper books https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/
7. https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ … They have developed a whole range of materials for home learning.
8. https://authorfy.com/ …This is an amazing website that has ten minute master classes from published authors.
9. https://www.techniquest.org/daily-demos/ …Techniquest are doing daily Science demos which are great fun
10. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ ...Joe Wicks is holding a daily 30 minute PE session
11. https://www.gonoodle.com/ …This is a great website for keeping children active while they play games.
12. https://www.ictgames.com/ …Lots of games for Maths and Literacy.
During this difficult period, we have decided to use our class pages as an interactive academic hub. I will be updating the pages regularly with work and information as and when it is necessary to do so. I have provided my email below to enable you to contact me with regards to any academic issues: email@example.com
Google Classroom has now been set up for children to access . Mrs. Whelan and I have made 3 classes, one for maths sets, one for English sets and then one for our own classes . Therefore each child needs to accept the invitation to join 3 groups - depending on what sets they are in. Work will be placed on the google classes and children can then submit it to us .
I cannot stress enough that the children need only to do approximately 30mins of work daily per subject e.g. 30mins of maths, 30mins of literacy etc. There must be a greater emphasis on the children's health and well-being during this difficult time. If anyone has difficulty accessing google classrooms, please email me and I will do my best to help. firstname.lastname@example.org
Abacus Evolve: This an interactive online maths resource where I have allocated work and games for the children to complete.
Username: 1st letter of first name, followed by surname e.g. mseamons
Password: 1st letter of first name, followed by surname e.g. mseamons
School code: plas
Dear Parents/Guardians, please take advantage of this fantastic offer from Twinkl Resources They are offering you all a FREE MONTH of Twinkl Ultimate to help keep children learning at home. Twinkl provide instant access to a complete range of teacher-created, engaging and inspiring home learning materials. This includes national curriculum material. It truly is a fantastic offer and not one to miss!
How do parents sign up for the free month?
Setting this up is really easy to do - go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code:
Croeso i dosbarth 12
P.E. days - Tuesday and Friday (Until further notice)
Homework - Friday (Hand in on the following Tuesday)
Spelling/Times tables - To be handed out every Friday, the children will be tested on the following Friday
Reading - All children will be provided with a reading record booklet, this will be monitored by the class teacher/teaching assistant. Parents/Guardians to provide a small comment with a date and signature. (Please remember that you only need to listen to your child read a small amount each time)